With summer "officially" here, it's time to start thinking about swapping those romantic soft shades of Spring to a more sultry, vibrant palette!
The key to creating a look that matches the sizzling hot nights ahead is to draw attention to the eyes. Accentuated with rich shades that are not too dark, your eyes can add a mysterious edge to your look while a fresh, sun kissed complexion and lips with a hint of gloss will keep the intensity in perfect balance.
Our Makeup Artist and Creative Director Leann Somes created the perfect sultry summer look on our model Helene, and sharing her know-how and pro tips, walked us through every step of the process:
1. The first thing Leann did was mix two shades of the VELLUTO Pure Powder Foundation, Medium Beige and Light Beige, to even out the skintone. The ultra fine milled powder easily hides discolorations and redness and provides a natural-looking finish.
Pro Tip: If more coverage is needed, Leann recommends mixing the DUET Perfecting Concealer with SUNPREP to create an awesome tinted moisturizer/liquid foundation, depending on the ratio used. This combination photographs really well, as it provides full coverage and can be used both for editorials and bridal photo shoots. Using Velluto and Finale on top makes it picture perfect!
3. To create a natural sun-kissed glow, Leann gently swiped LUMIERE Radiant Boosting Powder, along with SOLARE Bronzing Powder, onto the cheekbones, the nose, the cupid's bow, and the neck.
4. Finally, she set the makeup with FINALE Finishing Powder to make it last through to the wee hours of the morning.
1. Leann started by prepping the eyelids and under eye with the DUET Perfecting Concealer in Medium. Its smooth texture creates the perfect base, covering any under eye darkness and fine lines while helping eyeshadows to stay on throughout the evening.
2. For color, Leann opted for the SUITE Eye Shadow Palette in Sweet Mulberry. First, she gently patted the medium purple shade (Mulberry) all over the lid and crease area.
Pro Tip: For a more natural look, use a makeup brush like the Eyeshadow Blender in light circular motions to help the colors blend seamlessly into each other.
3. Next, she darkened the outer corner of the eyes with the darkest royal navy shade in the palette, adding depth and dimension to the eyes.
4. Using the same shade, Leann applied shadow on the outer corners of the lower lash line to further define the eyes.
5. For the inner part of the lower lash line, Leann used STELLA Loose Powder Eye Shadow in Honey Gold, to open up the eyes. This delicate gold shade flatters almost all complexions.
6. Then, she used FORTE High Definition Eye Liner in Black, before gently smudging it with the smudger tip and finished with couple of coats of NOCTURNE Mascara. A must to get that va-va-voom vibe that will last all night.
1. Leann first used ARIA PURE Lipstick in Pomegranate, a sophisticated pink with orange undertones that brightens the complexion. Luxuriously creamy and finely pigmented, this lipstick is enriched with a patented 100% GMO-free plant based complex that boosts hydration.
We hope you'll enjoy wearing this seductive yet approachable look throughout this summer!